Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 11 - A "Fruitful" day

I think this is the earliest I've woken up in Taiwan, 6.30am, all thanks to Taroko, one of the seven national parks in Taiwan and was named after the Taroko Gorge, the landmark gorge of the park.

The name, Taroko, means the "magnificent and beautiful". It certainly is! There are many safe and exciting trails to follow. Since I’m following the bus timetable, there is no way I’ve the luxury to take my own sweet time, thus after some planning, I decided to go for the Shakadang Walkway, next to the headquarter, the tunnel is a bit intimidating but once you started, it seems much more comforting, just as long you see light at the end of the tunnel ;) It’s pretty amazing, the fresh, clear and emerald green water entices me to go for a swim, the walk way which the stone seems to crave its way for pedestrian to walk through. I love it!

Afetr the trail, I took a bus to Tian Siang, I wasn’t expecting the bus to stop in between the tourist spot but it did however terminate at this temple on top of the Hill, Siang De Si, it’s scenic, with 36m tall Kishitigarbha Bodhisattva gracing the compound. It’s astounding! It must have been my “precious” karma, I seem to have nuns or monks giving me book in this trip. I can’t help but to wonder if my backpack is going to make it. nonetheless, this time is no exception. It really is an enlightening affair!

The bus don’t provide loose change so I went to the nearby fruit stall and bought those cute little peaches that looks like rosy butt ;) At first, the fruit seller told me Yi Jin equates to the weight of 3 or 4 peaches. Who knows, it turn out 13 peaches in my plastic bag. It’s a great bargain for NT100! Thus, I begin to share my peaches on the bus, with the driver and a lovely old couple. That’s where we begin to chat from Tian Siang all the way back to Hua Lien. The wife is really warmth and chatty. The husband on other hand is educated and interested in learning in English. As usual, we exchange ideas on life, travelling and Taiwan politics. If not because both of them have something on tomorrow, they will offer me a ride to TaiTung. Sweet gesture!

I’m glad I made it to Taroko without signing up with the tour package. If not, none of the above would have happen, or perhaps more would have happen. I’ll never know and I don’t want to know…














No comments:

Post a Comment