Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chillax* in KL








Before I can reach Taiwan, I made a detour to KL, not because there are more shopping to be done or the idea of flying directly from Singapore is such a bore but the savings of almost $350 Sing dollars encourage me to drag my backpack from JB to KL. My mum whom knows I'm taking a bus from Larkin to KL decided to accompany me for the first leg of the trip.

She reminded me on my first day in Kindergarden, to a mother, you can never grow up. At the risk of exposing my age, I'm surprise my mum stills treat me like a child. She makes sure everyone on the bus knows that a) I'm her son b) I'm annoyed by her nagging c) I'm still young and incompetent of carrying my own backpack. As the bus drive for more than 15 mins, I realized just how blessed I am that my mum is still around to harass me.

Once I reach KL, thankfully I know the bus terminal had moved to Bukit Jalil, opposite "stadium nasional" last month when I visited my uncle, I found my way to the monorail, alighting at Bukit Bintang, searching for my Guest House, Bedz KL, located right behind Bukit Bintang. Good location and clean beds. What’s more, I love making my own bed, putting the bedsheet and pillow cover on is such a lovely chore. Then, I head out to the hippest shopping mall, Pavilion. It seems like from Bukit Bintang to Pavilion , teenagers are holding DSLR camera like a must have pet. Hanging on their neck is the Cannon strap that acts like the rapper, 50 cents blink blink. Nonetheless, it's good to see them having interest in photography than copulating secreatly behind doors.

I have a late lunch, Fried Mee Jawa, absolutely delicious in Food Republic food court. Shopping doesn’t seem enticing as my mind keep drifting to the weight I’ll be accumulating before I reach KL. It’s a slow day; wander aimlessly from one mall to another, people watching, and magazine browsing just to get through the day.

Hence, I chillax in my guest house, blogging and surfing internet before I wake the next morning to catch my flight to Taiwan...

Chillax* - Chill out and relax as my friend Terence puts it

No comments:

Post a Comment