Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 19 - who disagree that the best thing in life are free?








I’m a cheapo and I love free stuffs. First, free upgrade to a better room in my hostel, free admission to Alisan now my bus ride to Zhong Tai Chan Si is free too. Tell me, who disagree that the best thing in life are free? The 15 min bus ride to the temple is delightful; the temple is massive, majestic and impressive. The landmark of Puli I can say from far looks like a mosque but if you go nearer. You’ll see the lotus and cintamani (precious gems) as a symbol of the temple. I highly recommend anyone coming to Taiwan to visit this temple. Divine!

With an inimitable aura of calmness, a penetrating mind, and the ability to clearly elucidate the profound wisdom of the Buddha through the museum exhibition, I adore the intellectual aspect of the temple. The staffs are welcoming and helpful; I stay from the morning till late afternoon for the guided tour. Miss Wu is fantastic, she is knowledgeable and articulate calmly.

A nun whom I converse earlier knows that I’m a Thai-mixed and might be able to help her with a few Thai books that need to be categorizes for the library approaches me after the tour. We sat and chatted, even though I can’t read Thai but I figure out what type of book is that. It’s Buddhist art book, a book that demonstrated the different mudras (hand gestures) of Buddha. I told her to scan and email me so I can ask my Thai friend to help. It’s funny how this Taiwan trip, I’ve been translating dharma into other language. The Zen master I met in PingXi, entrust me to do the same for an article he has written. I guess I am born to be a Buddhist. This is not a coincident, it’s fate! Besides, Dharma is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment