Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 6 - Feeling good!

I’ve got a feeling that today is going to be a good day. I’m ecstatic; perhaps the idea of visiting the Queen in YehLiu or face to face with the ocean spurs my blood into strong fervor, making my heart shine like a sun.

I took the train to KeeLung, a major port city situated in the northeastern part of Taiwan. It’s a comforting and bustling town where food stalls and shops populated on all the streets. Knowing I’ll spend some time in KeeLong, I took a taxi trip to YehLiu, sharing with a few locals in the car makes me appreciate the Taiwanese language and how taxi driver is always complaining about the government. Same rules apply in every cab!

Once I reach YehLiu, I tell you, my goodness! This is one of the most astounding places I’ve ever been! The wind blowing from the vast ocean liberates your emotion and I never thought looking at stones can be so much fun! The Queen’s head is a little too small for my throne, but just seeing the head of the queen formed by the rock is none the less worth the trip.

I spend the next few hours marvel at the natural wonders. I then took a bus back to KeeLung, hoping to visit the 22m tall GuanYin statue before the temple closes. Thankfully, a teenager that I asked, said that I could walk to the temple without me waiting silly at the bus stop. It's not too hard to find, but it sure is a long way up the hill. The Zhong Zheng Park is home to martyrs' shrine, history museum and government official building. It's an enjoyable walk! The nearby restaurant serve fantastic vegetarian food which was needed badly after the long walk!

Along the way back to Taipei, I can’t help but to wonder when we walk on the uneven rocky pathway, the same way back can never be the same as we couldn't remember the stepstill to the irregular pavement. Same thing in life, however ups and down we’ve gone through. Every little step will lead one thing to another, regardless right or wrong to the future. why not make every step a learning step one at a time?
















No comments:

Post a Comment