Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 15 - I'm not lost just not knowing where to sleep yet

A few Buddhist friend of mine recommend me strongly to visit one of the important and tranquil Buddhist temple, Fuo Guan San, I took a bus that drops right in front of the temple. Reading from my lonely planet, that the nun or ShiGu provide guided tour, my English speaking guide, Linda guided me through the temple together with another visitor, Robert from Holland, a journalist. As Robert has to catch a flight back to Holland, she has to cut the tour short into an hour. After the tour, I visited the bookstore, it is cozy and peaceful, just the right place to indulge in Dharma knowledge. I can’t help and bought a few more dharma books, Buddha, please make sure the dharma is infused into my mind.

On my way back to Kao Xiong, I met Paul and Serena, Australian. During our bus journey, I come to know Serena is a vegetarian and Paul is a Buddhist. Also, they live in Taipei, one is a English teacher, another is a student studying Chinese in Taiwan. They visited Kao Xiong for a short weekend getaway and especially only to Fuo Guan San, since they have no lodging so I recommend my hostel, they love it plus the price is reasonable for them.

We were so hungry and exhausted after the temple visit that as soon as we dropped our bag, we went for our dinner nearby. As my usual self, I gave them a short tour around the neighborhood from what I’ve discovered from TC yesterday.

I checked a few places on ChiaYi and Alishan for cheap accommodation but to no available. Thus, not knowing where to sleep tomorrow, I decided to go ahead regardless no accommodation in mind. I'm not lost just not knowing where to sleep yet!








No comments:

Post a Comment