Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 4 - Muse-um inspired!

My good karma exhausts when my complimentary upgrade from 2 beds room dorm to double bed room has ended. Shawn, the owner of the hostel recommend me to move from CKS memorial to Guting. Thankfully, it’s one station away or else I’m going to hunchback when I returned.

After settling into the new hostel, which I prefer the previous one, I made my way nearby for a simple breakfast, trying to find a vegetarian dumpling and not knowing where to go, I flipped my lonely planet and come across this museum of world religious. The idea of putting every major religious together as an exhibition is transcendental. I feel awe-inspired! All the exhibits are properly organized and label with English descriptions. It is founded by Venerable Hsin Tao (心道), a Buddhist monk, whom set up the Ling Jiou Mountain Buddhist Foundation. He aims to promote respect and understanding of the world's diverse religious traditions through exhibits of multimedia and art. One day, I hope to bring this idea into Singapore and ideally minimize conflicts between one another religious belief especially due to recent damage done by irresponsible and insensitive religious leaders. We need to have an inter-faith, open heart and open mind understanding.

I've glad my mind is fully recharged. With a few hours left before the dumpling festival officially unwrapped, I went to Zhongxiao Dunhua which is like the Orchard road of Singapore. You can walk from Zhongxiao Dunhua to Zhongxiao Fuxing like how we walk from Orchard to somerset. Of course, nothing is Orchard road look-alike, there are arty local designer boutiques which is where creativity thrives for me!

Now I feel like writing my blog daily is a chore, but for the sake of my old memories (in case I lost it one day) and not compiling everything all at once, it’s good to do it daily.

Taiwan more later!









1 comment:

  1. WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!! I see tat you are really having loads of fun (needless to say)!!!!! The endless pixs alone, are making me HIGH and drooling!!!!!!! My footprints are left in some of the places you've posted.. ahahaha.. am so missing lots!! I must really go back again.. AHHHHH! Oya, dun forget to try the peanut ice cream wif yan sui, if you happen to chance upon! MISS YOU!!! =)

    ReplyDelete