Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 16 - Money is such a chore!

I had breakfast with Paul & Serena before taking the MRT to the airport to get my money changed. For the past few days, I’ve been looking around in Jewelry shop (not accepting Singapore currency), Bank (closed on weekends), Hotel and everywhere for money changer, till my last resort is to go to the airport. Thankfully, there is a direct MRT ride to the airport. Unfortunately, changing money is such a chore and it comes with a NT100 administration fees!

I met Crystal and her family from Hong Kong in the MRT, knowing that they’ve been guessing my identity while I was talking to Paul, Crystal politely strike a conversation with me, When she knows I’m Singaporean, she said coincidentally, his brother is visiting Singapore so I chatted with her family and her brother about what to visit Singapore and how to cross the border from Singapore to Malaysia, since he is also visiting Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

I took a train to Chia Yi, from the helpful visitor information,the staff checks on the bus timing to Alishan, they told me about the Catholic hostel offers good and cheap accommodation. Thus, staying in a church might be the only option.

I arrive at the main entrance, got myself a free admission into Alishan, not knowing why. I bet my mum is watching on my less than $1.5k budget.

When I stepped in Catholic hostel, it’s not as religious as I thought. They have cable TV, 2 single beds, and hot flask as Alishan is cold, hostel staff is helpful. They provide hot water but hot shower has to wait for 5 minutes for the tap to run.

At least, I find myself a church to stay!



No comments:

Post a Comment