Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 9 - Casual leisure

I initially plan to go PingLin but realize from my Korean roommate that PingLin is not operating on Monday, so I go for my second best destination, WuLai which turns out to be great. The waterfall is not that amazing even though it is 80m tall, but just walking along the road to the waterfall is relaxing. WuLai is the hometown of Atayal.

There is a free walk-in hot spring which I wouldn’t want to embarrass myself but if you’re like me, you can choose to walk into any beautifully decorated spa, there’s a direct view of the stream flowing from the waterfall in your room while you’re soaking. I decided to do it in other part of Taiwan instead.

With ample amount of time where I could choose to rush myself to YangMingSan or take it slow in a bookstore. I decided to go for the latter. I miss this Eslite, book store right in front of my eyes the first time I visited Taipei 101. It’s simply the kind of place I like to be, café ambience, filled with arty farty design, creative inspiration is in the air. What more can you ask for a day but surrounding yourself with the smell of books! Can Singapore have something like this???

Seriously, I can stay in that place all day long, from day to night. However, I better get back to my hotel early as tomorrow I’m heading to the next town, HuaLien!




















No comments:

Post a Comment