Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 3 - A lovely place, a lovely day

It’s really hard to find money changer in Taiwan. I spend almost one hour just to locate it. It’s not any bank or small little counter you can easily get in Bangkok. In order to get your dime changed, you've to go to Bank of Taiwan, hence, without hesitation, I exchange S$500 straight up. I’m like applying for a housing loan, the whole process takes around 30mins to get it done.

Nonetheless, with the money changed, I carry on to my next destination, Danshui (淡水), a quaint little town, old streets runs along the river with food vendors & shops, accompany by cool sea breeze make my day sweeter, almost as sweet as the bubble tea on the street. There are shops that brings you back to the past, selling toys that we used to play 30 years ago. It’s nostalgic. A good pace to bring some old memories back! Children will love this place as it offers carnival amusements where you can take up the challenge to be like a kid again! All in all, a lovely place, a lovely day… Taiwan more later!












No comments:

Post a Comment