Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 5 - Do what the tourist does!

Today is a new found experience, just as I stepped out of the metro, I was immediately chased into the railway. I manage to get an easy card for convenience and 20% discount sake. The card allows me to travel through metro and bus. Just at the right time when I've to take a train from Taipei to RuiFang, then hopping a bus from RuiFang to JiuFen & JingGuaShi.

The train along the way is relaxing, with my mp3 player on, I'm ready to indulge my emotions. After I alight from the train station, tourists packed at the opposite bus top. The thing about tourist is that you can easily identify where to stop but with the expense of cramping together on the bus.

JiuFen used to be a prosperous gold mining town. The town went into sharp decline when mining discontinued. However, the quaint streets, tea houses and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean saved it from becoming yet another anonymous mining ghost town. The guesthouse above the restaurant that faces the ocean is extremely tempting. If I'm coming back, with my family or friends, I'll insist we stay in Jiufen for a night. There is also a pretty comprehensive second hand book store, mainly Chinese, I could have bought a few but thinking about the weight just give me withdrawal syndrome.

Another must visit town before you leave JiuFen is Jinguashi, situated between the mountains and the coastline, the local scenery is exceptionally beautiful, plus the Japanese houses that used to occupy in this town makes the trip truly distinctive!




















No comments:

Post a Comment