Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vietnam point of view



After staying In Vietnam for a few days, I’ve come to understand a little more about Vietnamese. They are direct, upfront and actually kind of smart Alex. They like to think that they know a lot but actually nothing. They don’t really listen to you. Obnoxious to certain extent!

They are also very particular to cleanliness. Selfishly only to their own possession or quarter. There is this driver whom spent 30 minutes just to clean up the front part of his bus before he start moving. I bet he has obsessive compulsive disorder.

They emulate the way you talk and behave to annoy you and they love to sing in broken tone. The women sing when they are tending their stalls, men sing it when they feel like it on the street. Are they trying to impress me?

They are rude, and annoyingly disturbing. They have this “Du Lan” face that says “hit me”. Poor services. What's poorer is the Vietnamese hygiene. I’ve personally smell a few ladies with BO (Body Odour) which I’m not surprise if you see thick and luscious armpit hairs dripping with sweat from their sleeves.

They pee everywhere. It seems like public toilet has a new found meaning. I know it’s not common to see man peeing on an empty roadside or corners to relieve themselves in Southeast Asia. I’ve seen a few times in Laos, Cambodia and Thailand and I personally had pee on the roadside once from my bus journey to Luang Prabang. What I’m amazed is an old granny peeing on the overhead bridge and man peeing just anywhere in the open space. Gosh! How polite!

Hey, how’re you? I’m peeing on the street.

1 comment:

  1. I heard its common to see them peeing everywhere leh. My fren says he saw a YOUNG lady peeing on the streets that time when he went. OMG.... You are a Diva, Dun pee there pls. Tsk.

    ReplyDelete