Friday, April 17, 2009

150409 Wednesday – Si Saket > Bangkok





Raining heavily, yet I need to take a bus back to Bangkok so I could precede my next destination, Cambodia. I was totally drenched even my underwear is wet when I reached the bus terminal.

I took the 9hrs bus back to Bangkok and recognize that the water splashing continues aggressively the moment I step out of Silom sky train ... Bangkok is even more destructive than Si Saket. The kids will keep splashing water through the bus windows and teenagers will group themselves wearing flowery Hawaiian shirt in a pick-up attacking one another, blasting loud music and dancing in the middle of the road that cause traffic congestion. Of course, I was not spared. My huge backpack becomes the target of everyone. Girls come up to me and smear the white powdery substance on my face. Gay boys mobbed me and start touching all of my body, parts I would not want to mention.
I then meet khun Puk for dinner, the traffic is horrendous but yet I experience the sanuk (fun) in the middle of the road with the wild teenagers splashing water with one another. Khun Puk brought me to this nice Chinese restaurant where I devour the most delicious vegetables fried with small crunchy garlic, the sugar yam stick is the highlights at the end of the meal. Greatly appreciate Khun Puk buying me dinner once again.

It’s hard not to get dry during the SongKran, so just embrace it and enjoy!

1 comment: