Thursday, April 23, 2009

190409 Sunday – Siem Reap, Cambodia


The highlight of the day should be the admission ticket, USD$12 I’ve paid for the Angkor National Museum. Seriously, I’m kidding but I do feel it’s too much to pay just for the admission alone. There isn’t any free coffee or tea to go along, unlike the Death Railway Museum in Kachanaburi. The route to the various galleries is well-planned. The 1000 Buddha gallery is impressive; however, the information is not sufficed. Nonetheless, I spend the entire afternoon there just to make my ticket worth-while.

I started the day by visiting the local Cambodian temple, Wat Kerasasam just opposite on the main road of my guest house. The wall murals inside and outside the hall is stunning. It depicts the life story of Buddha and some Buddhist analogies.

I then walk quite a long distance to the Angkor national museum, along the way I pass by a few Buddhist shrines; that’s the beauty about walking, it surprises you with new discovery.

In the evening, I visited the Angkor Night Market and had a fabulous Green curry Vermicelli for dinner. I can’t wait for what’s to come, the majestic ruins, Angkor Wat.

No comments:

Post a Comment