Wednesday, April 29, 2009

290409 Wednesday – Hoi An, Vietnam











Hoi An is a nostalgic small ancient city on the coast of the South China Sea mainly because the Thu Bon river was an important Vietnamese trading centre that attracts Chinese and foreign immigrants to settle down. The buildings display a unique blend of local and foreign influences. A lot of assembly halls for various dialects were build for their own community benefit and get-together. Several Internet cafés, bars and restaurants have opened along the riverfront for tourists to unwind.

There are also numerous art and craft shops, tailors, who produce made-to-measure clothes and even the sneakers, can be customized for a fraction of western price in this town. I for example paid USD $100 for 1 boot and 2 pairs of sneakers which convert into S$150. You can’t beat that price as you can choose your color and materials and to know the size is one and only perfect for you. I customized a pair of gold leather sneaker for my chum’s wedding in October and a beige color suede leather boot for my indulgence. I’m picking up my shoes in the next 2 days. Can’t wait to see my masterpiece ;) Now, I’m a shoe designer too??

No comments:

Post a Comment