Sunday, September 5, 2010

India Pilgrimage 04.09.2010

My first day of volunteering in Rongpa café is exciting and fun. I sweep and mop the floor meticulously. Also, I met some new friends and squeeze 2kg of lime into 1litre of lime juice for lemonade. There is also this book I saw in the second hand book shelf, Old path white cloud by Thich Nhat Hanh that I wanted to get.


After my volunteer work, I return to my guesthouse to have a rest. That’s where the knock on my door startled me. It’s a big surprise! Heidi and Tenzin are at the doorway. I miss Heidi! She is such a gentle, kind and thoughtful friend I’ve met last year in Delhi airport. I’ve such sensitive and in depth dharma conversation with John and her. It’s like a sweet reunion this year! I also bring her to stiches of Tibet to tailor-make Chupa for the last day of teaching.

We went to the nearby, 1-2 café, catching up on the past and the present. I showed her what’s new in Dharamshala and establish her local mobile communication with the world. She brought me to an amazing Thangka shop which sells the finest and detailed painting. I’m tempted to get a Thangka myself but after careful consideration, there is no way I could hang the Thangka in my small and overcrowded bookroom (not bedroom). I give the thought a miss, hopefully I can bring more friends to this shop to purchase good deservingly Thangka masterpieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment