Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ahram boy - 25/07 Sun

I’m a little disappointed by the monk’s behavior, not just the poor dharma knowledge but their conduct. Yesterday, I saw a novice monk shooting a bird with a slingshot. I’m upset but more upset when the senior monk stood by and does nothing. I’m convinced that renunciation is in your heart and not by what you wear and the ceremony you undergoes. Whatever sins or evil someone has done is purely his own doing as he’ll be facing his own consequences. I’m no angel, I kill ants accidentally but for me, I’ll reflect it as a reminder of how killing is detrimental and a precept that we all should follow mindfully.

On my part, being judgmental and critical is a great defilement too, I must let go all my preconceive ideas and my opinions, see things as it is and watch myself, my ego, reactions and emotions carefully. I can’t possibly make everyone follow exactly what I wish to be, clinging to my “noble” thoughts can only make me suffer even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment