Thursday, September 2, 2010

India Pilgrimage 01.09.2010



I’ve about 6 hours to spare before my bus takes me to Dharamshala. I either can rush myself visiting some of the Delhi famous sight or chillax* in a café, wandering around MTK (Tibetan colony). I opt for the latter. Browsing the bookstores and discovering a few cafés, slowly before the bus take off.

Indians are never on time especially when the bus is not full or they are waiting for grandmother to give birth. They take every inches of space as an investment. If they can’t squeeze human, they’ll squeeze boxes of stuff and goods.

One good thing about taking the bus is the stops in between. You get to taste authentic local food. You might even come across 110Rp (S$3.80) vegetarian buffet in the middle of the night. Buffet is too much for me in the late hours so I choose Panner Parokola (Fried yogurt cheese) and a masala tea instead.

Finally, after 13 hours of bus ride where night turns into day and 15kg on my shoulder, I walked into my past, the familiar road to the KongPo guesthouse where I once stayed.

*chillax – Chill & Relax

No comments:

Post a Comment