Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ahram Boy - 21/07 Wed




The early morning alms offering are very contemplative. It’s like every morning I’m clearing up my mind, the same as I’ll clear my bowels  I decided to have a different approach this morning, whoever offers food, I’ll personifies and dedicate my metta (loving-kindness) to them. It feels really good, like a kind of purification, except not with water but with your sincere thoughts.

Last week, I gave the student an assignment. That’s to choose an English song and perform in front of the class. A question will be asked based on their understanding of the lyrics. It’s a sudden change of approach from the usual when they are so restless in the class. Group by group rehearsing in the class, It makes me wonder if they have used the same amount of interest into studying English, will the result be more spectacular?

After the chanting and mediation, I’ve to tutor one of the monk English, Phra Mon, he’s a smart alec student, it’s good to question but only if you’ve understand and counter check the teaching. He questions a lot and I’m not too sure if he’s trying to impress, certainly not to me. His basic is not strong yet he wants to demonstrate he knows everything.

Just when I’m about to shower and hoping to rest early, the old rusty toilet door knob which I accidentally slammed locked me inside the toilet. I realize it’s not possible to twirl it open from inside or outside the door. To make matter worse, the door knob has dropped and only left the middle stem of the knob. It’s so rusty that I could either died of rust infection or confinement in a squat toilet. Oh dear, I thought I’m going to suffocate at one point. I panic for about 3 seconds. Thank goodness, I’m a Buddhist and aware no anxiety will help you in this kind of situation. There is no one around in the temple, especially in the night, where no visitors are allowed. I reluctant to shout for help unless I’ve try all means to save myself. Fortunately, a monk nearby noticing the sound I made when struggling with the door knob attempt to open the door, however, it’s a one way thing, I’ve to twirl it from my side.

After struggling for about 10 minutes, that’s when the light bulb in my head blinks, I being to grab my towel and wrapped over what remains in the door knob and twist it open. Thank Buddha, the door strung wide open.

For once in my life, I’ve never dreamed of going to the toilet can be a phobia from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment