Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ahram Boy - 20/07 Tue


I’m literally sleeping behind the Buddha. I even have to refrain myself from any dirty thoughts. It’s still a bit surreal waking up every morning to see Buddha descent from Tushita heaven. The room I sleep in has a wooden window craved with Buddha’s life story; fortunately, I’ve the story of Buddha's mother, Maya Deva, was reborn in Indra's heaven after she died. To repay her kindness, liberate her, and also to benefit the gods in the heaven, Buddha ascended to the heaven where he preached before the divine congregation, including his mother, for three months.

It kind of reminds me part of the reason why I’m taking this temple boyhood, is because to gain merit for my mother and perhaps all my mother from my past seven lifetimes.

I’ve a roommate, Khun Saw, he is diligent and hard working. He wakes up early to practices chanting and mediation. Sweeping the temple hall and never once I saw him complaining of anything. Even though he is of a certain age, he is only a beginner since March. Some monks told me he used to be a Thai Boxer.

Sometimes, I feel fortunate to have the opportunity of living in the temple, simple yet peaceful surrounding, calming my emotions and mind. Throughout my noviceship, leading a simple, quite life without hot shower, radio, TV and newspaper, not knowing what the world is happening. I also don’t have a mirror to remind myself who I am and attaching to my form, defending and answering to this body. There is a sense of freedom living day by day by the minute, not anticipating the future, not knowing what food will be on the table, and all I need is to focus on the impermanence. Everything rises will eventually come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment