Thursday, September 2, 2010

India Pilgrimage 02.09.2010





It’s a fantastic surprise! Along the way to my guesthouse, I bumped into Millie and Gel, the 2 lovely ladies who rent their Bangkok apartment to me. It’s great to see familiar faces early in the morning.

Even though I can’t wait to get into the toilet and do my “big” business, I’m too excited not to meet and catch up with the girls. So once I checked in and put my backpack down, I rushed towards the café and meet them for breakfast. They told me that today is the Tibetan 50th year anniversary of democracy and the children from Tibetan Children Village are performing at Ngympal Temple. But before that I’ve to clear my bowels.

Just when surprises can’t surprise me anymore, I met Tenzin, the kind man whom booked my transport and accommodation for Dharamshala last year. We catch up shortly about our itineraries in Dharamshala.

My guesthouse KongPo is only 5mins to Ngympal Temple which is one of the reasons why I choose to stay there again. However, there is a misunderstanding on the date I’m supposed to check in and till to the late arrival. I’ve to pay for 2 nights that I didn’t stay. It’s a total of 1060Rps. Well, I’ve a feeling the next few weeks I’m going to eat grass. I try not to let this incident haunt my mind. We can’t control thing that are supposed to happen, right? Let’s take the entire adversaries with an open mind. Instead of Why me? Let’s asked Why NOT me?

After the performance of TCV in Ngympal temple, which by the way is culturally and visually stimulating. I went back to the guest house and wait for John’s arrival. He should be reaching by the mid day, it turns out nicely while I’m checking on the gate for his arrival; I heard his voice with familiarity. There he is, my roommate for the next 2 weeks. Last year, till to the extension of The DL teaching for the Taiwanese, almost every guesthouse and hotel is fully booked, John which I’ve met last year, kindly offer to share his room with me. Funny how fate coincides, this year I’m offering my room to him as KongPo is fully booked for the DL teaching.

I spend the remaining day, slowly, catching up with John, cafeing* and wandering on the streets. I bumped into Tenzin again. He asked if I want to join him for tea, I suggested RongPa café but it’s fully seated. So he brings me to bean café, an amazing modern furniturized café, we ordered Tibetan milk tea and chatted about dharma work and how he crosses over the mountains from Laksa to Dharamshala when he was 9. It’s truly sad but inspiring; the pursuit of freedom is librating.

We met a Korean girl, whom is looking for a seat on the balcony, since there is no seat vacant. We asked her to join us. She happily accepted our invite. She is a chatty and courageous backpacker; she visited the Iran, Afgan and the middle east by herself. Maybe one day, I’ll do the same.

*Cafeing – sitting in the café, one cafe after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment