Friday, September 4, 2009

18th July 09 - Bandung

The next morning, I borrowed the telephone book from the hotel and do more hunting. Finally, I got a place, Moritz Home Stay. In the end, to pay back what I think I deserve, I left my poo in the toilet without flushing or should I say, the toilet bowl is unflushable?

It’s more than half the price cheaper and it comes with a garden. It’s very Dutch inspired cottage room. I stay in the rooftop that comes with a beautiful garden. I love it! It also comes with complimentary breakfast but it’s not buffet. Who needs buffet anyway when you’ve a rooftop garden!

I’ve never been branded conscious but shopping in Bandung is truly heaven you could get authentic branded goods at a fraction of price. You see the factories in Bandung manufactured Levi’s, Nike, Addidas, Agnes and many other international brands. Initially, I came with a budget of S$500 but what are the odds of travelling to Indonesia again? Thus I decided to get my good friends, Calvin, Agnes, Tommy and many other pals back home, I mean “backpack” home, knowing it might be heavy but then Fashion is never comfortable, right?

In the middle of my shopping spree, I came across a Buddhist Temple, Vihara Vimala Dharma. Not frequently, will you see a Buddhist temple. Even when you do, it’s less elaborated or fancy than the mosque. I’ve to say the cathedral in Indonesia is outstanding than the temple. Nonetheless, it’s still a basic and cozy little temple that provides Buddha’s teaching. I met this boy whom shows me around the temple. The temple itself even have youth group to get together. The famous abbot whom brings Buddhism back to Indonesia is highly venerated in the temple too. I even came across of book written by my favorite monk, Phra Buddadasa is translated into Berhasa Melayu!

What a day! I could easily celebrate my achievement for the branded goods I’ve bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment