Friday, September 4, 2009

20th of Jul 09 - Bandung > Jogjakarta

My dream of staying in the tea estate comes to an end as the local transport from the city to the south is inexplicable. The only way is to get into a tour package. I’ve manage to meet a few backpackers to see if I can lessen the load of my wallet. The best way is to rent a car with chauffeur and split the cost among us. There are total of 5 people including me. 2 guys decided to dropout and left Niel and Natasha. So instead of heading south to the tea estate, I decided to follow them to the Mount Trehanu Prahu before I leave Bandung to Jogjakarta.

The air is cooling and the view from the top is divine! Standing on top of volcano is simply emancipating! We even stay for hot cup of instant noodles before trekking down the mountain.

Overall, the first experience with volcano is incredible!

We rested a while before hopping on the train leaving to Jogjakarta. The night train is torturing, Thank goodness; I met a lady whom stays in the same guesthouse as me in Bandung. We chatted for a while before we dozed off to sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment