Friday, September 4, 2009

28th July - Kuta

I took the mini bus from Ubud to Kuta. Although most of my friends keep saying don’t travel to Kuta or encourages me to stay longer in Ubud as Kuta can be chaotic and prone to crime. I decided to find out myself and you know what, I actually like Kuta more than Ubud. Mainly because of the shopping as Kuta Square, Discovery & Matahari Shopping department seem to be selling merchandise in whole sale price. Let me put it this way, I shop so much that in return I received a voucher to redeem a banana pancake and a temporary tattoo in my neck :)

Kuta is very much well-known for its surfer beach. Sadly to say, I’m not a surfer boy. The only thing that I surf is the net.

10 minutes walk from my guesthouse is the Bali Bombing Memorial. It’s not designed as an attraction but set-up to commemorate the 202 murdered people on 12th October 2002. Every year on this date there is a ceremony for the mourning of wounded and dead people. The empty space right to the Billabong Shop is where the tragedy happens.

Every backpacking trip, I’ll carry a book to accompany me during the long journey or “waiting hours”. The book I brought this trip, the other hand is a tragic story of this illegal black immigrant as I’m quite impatient when it comes to the last few chapters of the book.

I found a cozy open air balcony restaurant to have my dinner before spending my time away in my book...

No comments:

Post a Comment