Friday, September 4, 2009

26th July - Ubud


I left N&N and arrived in Ubud. It’s kind of sad travelling without N&N but I suppose life needs to be alone for a while. Ubud is an arty and cultural town. It exudes life in quality not quantity.

I was wandering the streets and came across Jalan Gotama, a street that name after the Buddha, Birth name, Siddhartha Gautama. At the end of the streets stood two pillars that house the Buddha. It’s a quiet and interesting street and it happens to lead into an affordable and economy restaurant that serves amazing vegetarian food.

While eating, I met a 30 something Taiwan lady; Wenling whom already visited Bali 3 times. She said she loves Ubud as it’s less chaotic than Kuta. Ubud also provides various spiritual and cooking classes and that enrich one desire to perfection.

She is a therapist/counselor for depressive patient. She recommends some spiritual courses which she is taking. In our conversation, I realize that she’s contemplating whether to extend her stay. She will if she could find a cheaper accommodation so I recommend her to stay at my bungalows since the location of my bungalows is very accessible to anywhere in the town, tourist information office and Ubud market.

As I was browsing along the street, I decided to buy some dvds to waste my time away at night…

No comments:

Post a Comment