Friday, September 4, 2009

22nd July 09 - Borobudur

I woke up early in the morning hoping to visit other temples before I leave Borobudur to Jogjakarta. I rent a motorcycle with driver and went to the Mendut temple and the nearby monastery. I love the monastery as it represents a myriad style of Buddhist art. From Ghandara, Thai, Japanese to Burmese style, it exudes the harmony of how each Buddhist tradition can blnd in together. It’s also a peaceful and serene surroundings. I met the kind and lovely abbot of the temple whom patiently explains how the monastery can accommodate Buddhist groups for retreat or meditation.

After the visit, I meet up with N&N to take the bus back to Jogjakarta. We check in to the hotel and Natasha recommends seeing a cultural dance performance on the story of Ramayana. Interestingly, I enjoy it!! I thought that’s a great idea as I don’t usually patron the theatre. But before attending the show, we split up to enquire and compare several travel agencies to Mount Bromo. In the end, we discover a great deal to take a mini bus to Mt B with accommodation plus a sunrise package inclusive of a trip heading directly to Bali for only 285,000RP (S$43)!

No comments:

Post a Comment