Monday, August 17, 2009

17th July 09 Fri – Jakarta > Bandung

Early in the morning, a repulsive smell of someone not wearing sock with their shoes for centuries awaken me. The so call Hong Kong feet makes me want to escape far far away as soon as possible. I freshen up and ask him for my camera. That’s where my head is about to drop. He had taken some evidences the previous night but he has no thumb drive or anything to transfer into. I really can’t stand the stench anymore so I copied the photos into my thumb drive so he can pass it to his superior. This really makes me question his job.

I bid him farewell and took a minivan from Jakarta to Bandung. The minivan company is Bajaya and you won’t believe when the ticketing counter is located. It’s tucked inside the MacDonald!

On my way to Bandung, Widi sms me if I am okay? Apparently, two of the 5stars hotels, Marriot and Hyatt hotels have been bombed. I’m not surprised but neither am I worried. I just have to make sure I call back home to report that I’m safe. Funny that my mum will say I know you’re alright cause I know you can’t afford staying in the 5 stars hotel, so much so for your high regards, mum!

Bandung is in chaotic madness till to the long weekends. It’s some Muslim holy day. I’ve walked at least 2 hours with my heavy backpack before I hop on a cab to go for hotel hunting. The taxi driver is very nice. He shows me a few hotels but it’s all fully booked so desperately I pay more for a room knowingly it’s beyond my budget S$40 a night and the condition of the hotel is not even 3 stars. Can you believe it? It’s unclean and the toilet doesn’t flush. The only thing that actually worth the value is the complimentary buffet breakfast and the cable TV somehow doesn’t captivate me.

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog and felt sorry for all the experience you had with the hotel in my hometown, Bandung. I wish you all the best throughout the rest of your journey in Indonesia and hope that eventually you will have good impression about us.

    ReplyDelete