Friday, September 4, 2009

25th July 09 – Bali, Lovina


First stop in Bali is Lovina, a beautiful black sanded beach. Dolphin seems to be the landmark of the beach. I wander around the beach, have my lunch and made some plans from the recommendation of the hotel owner. He mentioned there is a Buddhist temple at Banjar Hill, it takes about one hour, I could also go to the hot spring nearby.

The temple is magnificent. It illustrates the life story of Buddha on the wall cravings in every hall. There is also a miniature Borobudur temple. The interesting part is that you can enter the temple through the 4 different directions North, South, East and West. Each Buddha with different mudra faces the entrance.

The compound is serene and peaceful, a good place to stop and think about the world. Even Dalai Lama visited this temple once.

I then get together with N & N for dinner. We decided to go for Italian food. We chatted from anything from favorite author, extreme stingy ways to save money, life and ideas about the Dalai Lama. They insist of buying me the dinner which I gratefully accept and in exchange to buy them coffee after the dinner. Then I ask if both of them have any siblings, that’s when Natasha broke down to tears like a running tap instantaneously. You see, Neil sister die a year ago…. It’s really hard for her to accept it. I try to console Neil and her, seemingly that death of your love ones only aspire us to live in the moment. Impermanence is unavoidable.

We bid farewell, gave each other tight hugs and promise to keep in touch in facebook. I really miss this sweet and wonderful couple…

No comments:

Post a Comment