Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sri Lanka Curry and Rice Adventure - Day 8 – Nuwara Eliya > Haputale

I was so fickle minded, I initially made up my mind to go Ella, but once the train stops at Haputale which I can visit the Horton’s plain and Lipton Seat, I jumped out from my seat and head for whatever town comes first. The train ride is awesome with great spectacular views of tea plantations; it’s as if you are god looking down, marvel at your own creations.

Same thing, accommodation can never be hard to source; it’s only good accommodation are hard to come by. I follow a man after knowing that the hotel he is recommending is featured in my guide book. I check into the hotel half convinced. I just have to put my blind faith on the guide book for this time. After exploring the town, I head back to my hotel and do my laundry since most of the sightseeing has to do it early in the morning. Also, the hotel charge Rps: 50 for a piece of laundry, yes underwear is consider as one piece.

Half way doing my laundry, the water from the tap stops running then it spurts out brown dirty water. My goodness, it’s disconcerting! I tried to think maybe they are cleaning the pipe or something. Nonetheless, I move my washing to the shower tap which seems fine. After the “dirty” incident, I still have an utmost gratification on doing my own laundry especially after the sun dries it up.

With the dirty tap incident in mind, I decided to take things in my own hand and went around exploring other accommodations since I’m going to stay for another 2 nights in this town. After a few searches, I decided to move into another guesthouse first thing in the morning, even though it’s a bit far off the town. I can’t wait for the sun to rise and the tap water to be clean.

Transport
Bus from the bus station to Nanu Oya Train station - Rps: 20
Train from Nanu Oya Train station > Haputale Train station – Rps: 60 (Even though I bought the ticket that meant to go Ella)



Sleep
Sri Lak View Holiday Inn – Single room for 2 - Rps: 1000
It’s a decent hotel but I guess I came at the wrong time when they are cleaning their pipes, nonetheless, the spacious rooms do have great views but cleanliness is my priority. Great views don’t brush my teeth clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment