Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sri Lanka Curry and Rice Adventure - Day 1 – Singapore > KL

I left my house from the lands of wood, early in the morning, catching a bus from Larkin to KL. The bus journey is smooth sailing, even though it rains quite heavily on the road. The trip would not have started without AirAsia, I take the opportunity to grab the lowest airfare. Beside the cheap air fare, the famous Ceylon tea plantations and the Buddhist Ancient Cities in Sri Lanka are hard to resist.


The KL main bus terminal is almost unrecognizable, for good reasons, it used to be temporary located near Bukit Jali, opp the stadium but now, it’s a fully sheltered air condition building, where the nearest train station is Bandar Tasik Selatan. I then take the train from BTS to KL Sentral station, from there I took another train from the Rapid KL line to Pasar Seni where I walk by foot to the Travel hub guest house.

Surprise surprise, the guest house owner whom recently won the most hospitable award told me she is from Sei Lanka and her children are studying in Malaysia. What a coincidental! She even suggest my itinerary, what to eat and where to visit. Thankfully, because of her, I learnt how to pronounce Thank you in Singhalese, Is-too-thee. This is the 23rd Thank you in different languages I’ve been “collecting” since I backpack.

So far, I know how to say Thank you in English, Chinese, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hainanese, Thai, Cambodian, Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Malay, Tamil, Hindi, German, Dutch, Burmese and Laos.

I can’t wait to see Sri Lanka and practise Is-too-thee in Sri Lanka soon!

Transport
Bus from Larkin to KL: RM31
Bandar Tasik Selatan > KL Sentral: RM1
KL Sentral > Pasar Seni: RM1
KL > Colombo (Return) by
Air Asia RM283

Sleep
Travel hub guest house
15-17A, Jalan Panggong, Kuala Lumpur
Single room – RM30

Friendly guesthouse owner with good location near the Petaling market.

No comments:

Post a Comment