Monday, August 1, 2011

Special Entry - What kind of cookies to get in Sri Lanka?




If you have travelled around the world long enough, you’ll realize there is an amazing snack we can always depend on for nourishment especially while waiting on a platform for a delayed train or on a long distance bus journey. That’s biscuit! The wonder of this small little pack was discovered when Scott told me in the supermarket that most of his friend loves Hawaiian Coconut biscuit. At first, I thought it must be some foreigner fascinated with exotic tropical flavor but when I bought a pack to try on my journey from Galle to Nuwara Eliya. I know that change my perception on biscuit forever. Since then, I recommend to all my backpackers I’ve met on my journey. This yellow packaging is what I depend on for the follow weeks to come.

What’s amazing is that it’s addictive, maybe because I love coconut to begin with but all my travel mates swear by it. We don’t need filling in the biscuit. Just good, nicely baked natural tastes of sweet and raw coconut in the biscuit, that’ll be suffice.

P/S: This entry is especially dedicated to Sophie, Vicky, Cat and Kathy whom we have shared this wonderful snack together on our journey in Sri Lanka...

No comments:

Post a Comment