Thursday, July 10, 2008

Soppong















After the laid back attitude in Pai, I decided to explore in depth into the nature. I took a bus to Soppong, which promise I’ll be able to see the 1700 old caves and beautiful limestone. At first, I thought it’ll be so much easier to walk to my guest house. Little do I know that the guest house is 9km away uphill, a lot more tedious than I’ve expected.

Just when I’m losing hope to find my guest house, a nice Thai boy offer me a ride with his motorbike. As he doesn’t speak any English, I begin to realize he is only offering me a ride to where he stays which is on the way up to my guest house. After much pleading, he decided to drive me all the way up to the Tham Lod Cave. From there, I’m able to walk to my guest house, Cave Lodge.

Once I reach the guest house, I get to know this Canadian girl, Lisa (Cancer). She is funky, outgoing and nice to get along with. Immediately, she asked me to join them into their group of 3 to make up for the minimum 4 persons for the activities provided by the guest house. Then, I met Andrea (Sagittarius) from America, Roderick (Virgo) from Holland. We chatted for a few hours about Buddhism, Astrology and also what to do in the next few days around the beautifully enclosed forest.

After much discussion and enquiring with Khun Pak, the lady in charge of the guest house, we decided to go for Caving (First Day- $450Baht), Visting the Hill Tribe (Second Day - $450 Baht) and Kayaking (Third Day - $490Baht). This is cheaper from the services offering from PAI so in order to save even more money. I decided to share the accommodation with my new found friends. My accommodation turns out to be cheaper than I thought, $150 Baht including own private toilet.

As we are not so hungry for dinner yet and still have rooms to burn some fats, we decided to discover the small stream underneath our guest house. Accidentally, we come across the “Health Centre” that is suppose to be their local hospital. I guess health centre sounds less scary for sick people. ; ) We had a wonderful dinner before heading on to their Herbal Sauna. The sauna is great! A great way to detoxify all my fats out (I hope). Hoping that the guest house will have DVDs so we can watch from our rooms in the night since I have a laptop ;) Steve, the resident of the cave lodge fortunately has a DVD, Midnight Express. It’s about a man arrested in Istanbul for smuggling drugs and how the life in prison changes his life.

What a day!

Till then, Time out
KN

No comments:

Post a Comment