Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nong Khai

Nong Khai is splendid except maybe the mosquitoes here are big enough to rape a chicken. I stay in a guest house on a cozy homely street that’s across the Mekong River. Near my guest house is a bookstore, yoga centre and within 5 mins is a 7-11. Not to mention the free internet services! How can you possibly beat that? When I reach Mut Mee guest house, there is only one bed for the dorm room thus I immediately take it for I know that one bed is meant to be mine ;) I met 2 of my dorm mates, one is from Switzerland and the other is Japanese, both have the aura that Silence is golden and of course I’m bronze that talk non-stop so I talk less than I’m expected too. Hoping they don’t find me as a nuisance in the room. With my free internet services, I did all my research for my next destination, Laos. Finally, I’m able to step into another country other than Thailand, Malaysia, China and Hong Kong (Wait, HK is part of China). Even though the Visa fee is hefty but once in a life time, you travel maybe once to Nong Khai, might as well take up the opportunity. Besides, my stay in Thailand is due in 30 days (30/07/08) Wish me luck, chums!

2 comments:

  1. If you happen to visit Koh Samui, don´t miss the best spa resort ever.

    Kamalaya Koh Samui, really worth it. Hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in town with another KKK member and suddenly i turn to her and said 'Do u miss Kyle, I sort of miss his voice and existence'

    Faster Come Back La!

    7 more days to go...

    ReplyDelete