Saturday, July 12, 2008

Making a stop

After my 6 hours bus trip from Mae Hong Son back to Chiang Mai, I decided to stay in CM for one night before catching the bus to Chiang Rai. I walk in to the guest house that my favorite guide book has given thumbs up. To my surprise, they were fully booked. I’ve heard the low season is in July; usually the guest house will give attractive offers in order to tempt the tourist, now it’s full. Reluctantly, I have to find a guest house nearby so as not to carry my overloaded bag pack that’s hurting my shoulder. I manage to hit upon a guest house nearby that fits my budget. However, the condition of the guest house is terrible. After staying a night, I’ve red ants that crawl slowly from the toilet windows all over my pants and it put me awake in the middle of the night. Thank goodness for the WI-FI nearby the guest house that is not password protected. I surf the net till the next morning, and get a early breakfast at MacDonald (That’s the only place I can sit and waste my time with my travel guide book 6am in the morning) Not that Mac is my favorite fast food. Seriously, I detest fast food. I checked out as soon as possible before the red ants follow me to my next destination, Chiang Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment