Sunday, November 1, 2009

22/10/09 (Thursday) Dharamshala


Today is the last day of the DL teaching. After packing the items that need to be blessed for every group, we were in the hall waiting for the initiation. It is an initiation of Bodhisattva Manjusri.

We were told no meat, egg or garlic to be consumed before the initiation. DL instructed us to visualize the Bodhisattva Manjusri and contemplate on loving kindness or compassion for the sentient beings. I am not too sure if it’s me or the initiation truly works but my tears just flow incessantly when I fixed my thought on the sorrows and sufferings of all sentient beings are facing.

The end of initiation is truly reviving. It feels like your purpose of living for others is stronger. Also, it’s inspiring to see you’re not alone. Instantaneously, DL started the Q&A session. Some of my questions handed by me is not answered but nonetheless there are questions similar to mine I can draw conclusion.

Lastly, the moment all students have been highly anticipated for has come, photo-taking session with the DL. Surprisingly, everyone including the Singaporeans are graciously in order.

Sadly, it’s time for me to go. I was so reluctant to leave this peaceful town. I could live here for months but nothing is permanence. What is born must demise. What comes must go... Same goes for the Delhi bus I'm taking tonight.

Read here for more information about initiation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empowerment_(Tibetan_Buddhism)

No comments:

Post a Comment