Sunday, November 1, 2009

16/10/09 (Friday) Dharamshala


I arrived Dharashalam early in the morning, not knowing Jinpa and Geshe Nirmal is already waiting for me at the bus terminal for 2 hours. Geshe Nirmal hires a “luggage carrier” and nicely walks me to my guest house, Yellow. which unfortunately looks very shabby. The better rooms are on the higher level and till to the high demand of the Taiwanese coming for the Dalai Lama teaching. Most accommodation is fully booked. Nonetheless, I’m still grateful to have a room. I took a cold (freezing) shower before heading straight to the bed.

I woke up in the middle of the afternoon; the cold weather is afflicting me, I rather accustom to hot than cold weather. Thankfully, I’ve got my coat and scarf. There is a nice bakery near my guest house which I find it endearing, simple yet full of aroma. It satisfies my stomach for a while as I've been sleeping for the whole day. I then try to find my way to Shambala Hotel where Wayne and Geshe Nirmal stays. Thankfully, I bumped into John and Hedi as it's getting late and I'm still not able to locate the hotel. I then follow them to meet Cheng San and Wayne for dinner. Food is fantastic, we chatted about Buddhism, dharma work and our path towards self cultivation...

No comments:

Post a Comment