Sunday, November 1, 2009

15/10/09 (Thursday) Dharamshala


I arrived in New Delhi early in the morning around 5.30am. While I was waiting in front of the Health Check counter, a Caucasian which I later know as John left his immigration form at the counter so I call him to pick up his form. I soon realize he is wearing the Buddhist prayer beads on his hand with a group of Singaporeans. I decided to strike a conversation and see if they are also going to the Dalai Lama’s teaching. He immediately says Yes and a Lama in front of me ask if I would like to join them to Dharamshala.


Without hesitation, I nearly want to say it out loud, YES but knowing it will scare off some people so I restrain myself. It turns out they are the Southeast Asia Dalai Lama Teaching tour organizer team, Tibetan Buddhist Centre heading to Tibetan refugees settlement, Manuju La Tika for half a day in the hotel before taking the flight to Dharamshala. We got our breakfast at the nearby restaurant. Geshe Nirmal suggests I try the Tibetan butter milk tea which I love it. It's salty yet flavourful. While eating my banana pancake, I can't help feeling grateful that I've met such kind and thoughtful group of people. 

It’s like the devas are watching over me. Before I get a chance to drink the contaminated water and get sick like what most of the Indian Travelers are telling me. I’ve met the Bodhisattvas that save me from the turmoil. You see before coming to India, everyone builds up that anxiety that it’s unhygienic, dangerous and rough, making sure that I’m surely either sick half the time from diarrhea or mugged by robbers.

Thus, Jinpa, the chairman of TBC making sure I arrive safely in Dharamshala, made all the transport and accommodation arrangement that seem so effortless for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment