Sunday, November 1, 2009

19/10/09 (Monday) Dharamshala

I continue to work on pasting the posters on the walls I could find along the road to disseminate the information.

Since it’s the first day which is briefing for the teaching tour, time is tight. Immediately after putting up the posters, I continue to assist the team on the logistic and administrative work. I was asked to pack the study kits for the participants in groups. It’s very hectic as the briefing will be starting soon in the next 2 hours. The tote bag, shoe bag, 4 noble truths textbook, prayer text and information kit was packed into groups of 15. A young Lama offers his help which I find it the sweetest as children is seldom a doer but a taker. I appreciate it deeply.





Thankfully, I have got time to meet up with Ching Wi, whom strongly encourages me to come for the teaching. I receive the news from her that one of my friend Rita, mum just passed away. It saddens me as I wasn’t able to attend the funeral. Nonetheless, CW suggested since we are here, we can make donations to the temple on behalf of her mum. I donated 1000 rupees considering that as the “white gold” for her mum’s funeral.

The briefing ends and a meeting were called concerning the preparation for tomorrow. All of us have to report at 7am and I was appointed as one of the incense holder tomorrow afternoon. It’s so exhilarating! That means I got to see the Dalai Lama up close and personal. It’s truly a blessing for me!

After a long day of work, we all are exhausted. So John suggested we have dinner at an Indian restaurant, Asokha. He proposes Malai Koftar and I strongly caution you, it’s addictive! Exclusively if you dipped it in with Japati. I could eat at least five Japatis with one bowl of Malai Koftar. It’s divine!

Funny thing is for the past few days, having meals with my new found friends is like a competition, rushing for who get to pay for the bills first. When it comes to that, they are surely the master of settling the bills. Some can even pretend to go to the loo just to pay for the meal. Fortunately or unfortunately for me, I’m quite dumb at it so most of the time they beat me first. That meal is what I needed after a hard day’s work!

No comments:

Post a Comment