Sunday, November 1, 2009

17/10/09 (Sunday) Dharamshala














The weather in Dharamshala is icy for me, particularly in the early morning when I take my shower; sometimes I go without shower for 2 days. Of course, I do use an anti-bacterial wipes to clean my body.

As usual, I met John and Heidi for breakfast. This time we went to Namgyal monastery café for breakfast. Food wasn’t that good but the ambience compensated it. We met some girls volunteering in the local newspaper as translator. I admire that fervor in any kind of volunteer work. Making a voice heard is important as any sort of charitable work. It’s the creation of awareness that makes us less ignorance. Same goes for Buddha’s teaching, the idea is to liberate us out of samsara.

Soon we heard children singing in harmony outside the cafe, a few beautiful girls wearing their traditional costume singing and performing. They are truly professional and entertaining. It's like we're invited to a concert. How artistic!






After the breakfast, we did the circumambulation around the temple. The road is scenic and you’ll see colorful engraved stones of Om mani padme hum and flags along the way. Later, I was assigned to make photocopies and paste the poster throughout the small town on free vegetarian lunch provided during the Dalai Lama teaching.

I was invited to a dinner together with the co-organizer from Hong Kong in Chonor hotel, Dinner is simply delightful. It’s wonderful to sit with a group of interesting people from all walks of life discussing passionately about dharma work. What an enjoyable night!

No comments:

Post a Comment