Monday, September 5, 2011

Sri Lanka Curry and Rice Adventure - Day 26 – Negombo day trip to Colombo

Last minute shopping is on my mind today, Tea, tea and more tea. Oh and some gifts for my chums. I went to Colombo, hoping I can get a taste of fully blasted air condition shopping mall, I didn’t realize I miss cold air so much. To my horror, the shopping malls look like Lucky plaza 10 years ago. I can’t seem to get anything for my chums except some cute clothing for my godsons! Lots of pirated DVD, not even a Buddhist film I promise to get for my friend, PK.


So to make it easier, since Tea is one of the main exports in Sri Lanka, I might as well get more tea. Fortunately, I discover some flavored coffee powder, Caramel or Vanilla. Thus, that saves my brain from cracking! Seriously, this trip has been rewarding (I’ve know quite a lot of friends which I consider life-long), Insightful (the Buddhism history, arts and ancient sites that mesmerizes through the centuries) and delectable (I can’t have enough of curry and rice; it’s indeed more spicy than any countries I’ve ever eaten).

Nothing lasts forever, not even the mountain, Adams Peak in Sri Lanka. I just have to keep in mind of my experiences and how it can enrich and benefit me as an ordinary sentient being. I love Ceylon! You’ll always have a special place in my heart…


Transport
Tuk tuk from Marine Tourist Guesthouse to Negombo Bus station – Rps: 100
Bus from Negombo > Colombo – Rps: 100
Colombo Self-employed federation market to Majestic City – Rps: 300
Tuk tuk from Colombo > Marine Tourist guesthouse – Rps: 1500

Food
Curry and rice with Nectar cheery soft drink – Rps: 130
Mac Large fries with one medium coke – Rps: 290

No comments:

Post a Comment