Monday, September 5, 2011

Sri Lanka Curry and Rice Adventure - Day 25 – Anuradhapura > Negombo

I took an early train from Anuradhapura to Colombo, from then I change a bus to Negombo. I figure out it’s easier to stay near the airport so that I can catch my early flight to Kuala Lumpur. The train ride is hari-hari (okay okay in singhala) everyone seems dull on the train and nothing fantastic on the scenery. Since it’s the last 2 nights in Sri Lanka, I decided to splurge on my accommodation, of course by splurging, I don’t mean 5 stars hotel, just something clean, nice and cozy, free Wi-Fi and washing basin in a transparent bowl shape kind.
Most of the shops seem to be close on Sunday on Lewis place and it does smell fishy, literally as it’s very close to fishing port. The tuk tuk driver seems to be getting out of hand here waiting to get free commission just as long as they bring you to any guesthouse.

I decide today not to do anything except chillaxing on my hotel balcony and feel the sea breeze.

Sleep
Marine Tourist Guest house, 118 Lewis place, Negombo (Free Wifi)
http://www.marine-negombo.com/


Double room with attached toilet – Rps: 2000 (Special price, don’t quote from me)
2 male-dorm with toilet attached – Rps: 900

Good value and bargain! Clean and love the basin used in the toilet. A bit off the town but road nearby has all you need, food, beer, tattoo and massage. A bit like a hippy town!

Transport
Tuk tuk from my guesthouse > Anuphadurahara Railway station – Rps: 200
Train from Anuradphura > Colombo – Rps: 380 (Second class)
Bus from Colombo fort to nearby Negombo bus stand – Rps: 80 (Air-con private mini van)
There is a direct bus 240 from opposite of Colombo Fort Railways station but waiting is a chore so I take the airport route and change to Negombo in between.

Negombo bus stand to Negombo Bus station – Rps: 50 (Air-con private mini van)
Negombo Bus station > Lewis place (Bus 905) – Rps: 15


Food
Curry and Rice with Lime Soda – Rps: 300

No comments:

Post a Comment