Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Special Entry - Super Supermarket


They don’t call the Supermarket “super” for nothing. One main crucial thing I’ll do in every country is to visit their supermarket, I can’t wait to tell the you the number of treasure I unravel, I’m sure I’m going to do a major “sweep” on my last day in Sri Lanka

1) Tea – words can’t really describe my love for tea, ever since my mum serves me my first pot of Lipton tea maybe when I was 5. I drank it religiously every day especially now in Sri Lanka, the main tea exporter. You’ll see my face light up at the shelves displaying all the different types of tea.

2) Soya Vegetarian Mock Meat – For this, I’m a little surprised as I thought only the Chinese love to “mock-up” their meat but in Sri Lanka, the mock meat made of soya comes in myriad: pork, chicken and even cuttlefish. I have to buy some home for my mum to experiment ;)

3) Rice – I don’t think I’m able to export it as it really is too heavy. I’m not the kind of person whom goes deep into discerning the different type of rice that puts into my mouth but in Sri Lanka, you can absolutely tell the different. Touching it and feel the differences can be enlightenment!

No comments:

Post a Comment