Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sri Lanka point of view


To me, Sri Lanka is considered as a cousin of India, not particular the evil one but the quiet one overshadowed by India. It’s a country of gentle people, similar to the sea turtle I saw in Galle, sturdy strong but gentle, whom are ever ready to help with smile on their faces. Not once did I ever see anyone annoyed or screaming madly at anyone but please don’t test their patient. They led a simple life without asking much luxury, the Hindu and Buddhist share their religious while Muslim and Catholics live side by side in harmony. Also, they wear all white to signify purity during holy occasions but sometimes it’s not a “bright” thing, when I saw them in white during night or wee hours, my imagination almost runs amok especially with their dark skins it does look ghostly.

One thing I observe from the bus is that, the local school children like the age of 6 or 7 took bus to school on their own, which is amazing to watch, how independent they are! In addition, the 17 different types of banana sure is a distinction from other countries. Don’t get me “right” I love bananas! I love the different ways of cooking banana as dessert or just alone by itself.

As I left the country with a high note, I can’t help but to notice the line printed on my Tooth Relic temple receipt, May the triple gems bless you, I, on the other hand think that May the triple gems guide you, wherever you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment