Friday, May 11, 2012

Kuching, 28th Apr – Bako National Park


The fabulous 4 woke up early to catch the bus to the National Park. I’m actually delighted on this trip as I’m not making any plans and the girls have already made all the arrangement. We follow the direction given by Wi Ming.

At the bus stand, I met a Russian couple which seems a little odd, the way the boyfriend was looking at me and he responded my question, I said he looks tan for a Russian and he replied that I should look at his ass. Well, this blog is not about Love and Sexcapes but his hair, mine oh mine, wishing I was not sitting behind him on the bus. The amount of dandruff can build a sandcastle and yet his girlfriend is caressing through his hair.

Finally, we reach the Ferry Terminal. Negotiate for a long time because the Russian couple wanted to share the boat with us to get a cheaper fare. Once we arrive, I can’t help but to get overly excited! This could be my first National Park experience. I should visit the national park more often but as a single traveler, I always feel intimidated by the jungle and the cost. J




While waiting for our room to be ready for check in, we had lunch at the canteen and soon have a strategy on how we should order our next meal. Everyone will fill up his or her plate with just one dish, and then we’ll divide among ourselves. It saves about RM$3 for one person except for the guy whom order sardines, you know who you are and I’m not paying for that. J

We bump into Deborah, knowing she is going to be here as well, she told us about the treks and how she is going to spend her afternoon. I decided to join her for a little walk to the pier and chill under the “Sala” - Pavilion in Thai which is what she refers to. J We saw beautiful sunset and Proboscis monkeys moving towards the forest.

I bid farewell to Deborah and Nadia before joining the fabulous 3, that’s when I met Phil, American staying beside our room, a strange but interesting character when you realise his little secret. I took a nap since they are not in the room, best to wait for them in the room since they have to return one way or another.  They came back saying they want to take short stroll to the pier before the dinner. 

Immediately and gladly to oblige, I show them where the pier is and the “Sala” where Deborah and me chill, along the way, we saw flying fish, monkey and hermit crab. That’s not all we have seen, we finally got to meet Phil and his puppet, beaker, posing on the tree. I swear this is the first time I saw someone so attentive to his puppet like his own baby. He even wants to write a children book about Beaker travelling around the world. He said Beaker is his traveling companion and he tailor made Beaker’s Chinese outfit in Hoi An, Vietnam.  He reminds me when I was young playing dress up with Barbie, except he is a grown up man. He then joins us for dinner uninvited.






After dinner, with the rest of my group lethargic resting in the room, I sign up for night tour in the forest. It’s incredible, one of the adventurous thing I’ve ever done. In the middle of the forest, pitch dark, listening to the symphony of the sound made by the animals, green and slim poisonous snake right in front of my eyes, scaring the shit out from my asshole!  Lucky me, I got to see the tree cat with eyes glow in the dark which is not often!

When I got back to the room, Phil continues to pester me on the RM$3 I’ve borrowed from him for the night tour. Of course, so persistently that he pester us till the following day, making plans to join us for the trek!

In the middle of the night, with all the fabulous 3 not asleep, we chat in depth about life and relationship, how I mention relationship is about Love and Companionship, without one another it doesn’t work and how backpacking can determine a relationship. The amount of time sticking to each other 24 hours, making decision and revealing each other living habits can make or break.

Slowly we fall asleep in between me faking Irish accent and Cam faking masturbation as man

No comments:

Post a Comment