Friday, May 11, 2012

Kuching, 27th Apr – Beach, Sunshine & Movie…again


My days in Kuching are getting more laid back. Andrew has plan to go to the Damai Beach which seriously speaking, I didn’t make any plans on what to see or do before I came, except maybe wanting to go for Batik dyeing course. Nonetheless, when someone shows me enthusiastically about their plan, I go for it. So enthusiastic that we miss the 10am bus and not willing to wait for the next bus, we negotiate to get on the cab which I find out is really expensive but not as expensive as in Singapore to make me feel better. J If the other fabulous 2 join us, we might get the cab fare cheaper. Sadly, they are in the hospital doing some research or conducting interview.

When we arrive at the beach resort, there is a sense of tranquility. It’s not crowded and spacious for me to take in the beautiful view. I got change into my beach short, lying by the pool, play my indie music, relaxing and reading a book about a man whom backpacks for 10 years. Life can be so chill! I just need to do nothing and fill up my thoughts or imagination with a good book. Understanding life is easy but going through it is hard but who say we can’t do it with ease, grace and resilience in facing this life.

Just when the day can’t get any better, Cam and Imog join us for lunch. I don’t know if it’s me or maybe the girls aren’t into meat.  They seem to be ordering vegetarian every meal, which is nice, knowing they are people whom like vegetable as they are, not for the global warming or other altruistic reason, plainly the taste of vegetables. Just don’t offer them fish, not even seaweed snack I offer them. Both girls are repulse by fish, I wonder if they know there are other kinds of liquid that smell and taste “fishy”.  J

We chill by the pool for another few hours and when I got back, I almost can’t recognize myself in the mirror. I’m so tan, no I’m so dark. Well, Wi Ming says it looks good because now I look manlier!

Afetr the dinner, Andrew, Cam and Imog got so tired, they went back to bed. I suspect they have been exposing to too much sun, could be heat stroke. I decided to stay up longer to watch another movie, Untraceable with Nadia & Deborah.  This time round, the movie is too flawless for us for bitch about…

No comments:

Post a Comment