Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kuching 29th April – Bako National Park

We are determine to make the full use of our remaining time in Bako. Our boat will leave at 4pm so our plan is to trek to Telok Pandan Besar Beach, soak in the sun and sea.

The trek is not too bad but the weather is hot, so I’m sweating and singing to keep my fellow trek mates entertained! At one point, Phil suggests I have a website to answer people’s questions by singing as my reply.  I know I like to break into song  at certain moments especially when someone mention words that can be part of the lyrics to the song I know  but I’ve much more better things to do then just singing to resolve people’s problem. Besides, I don’t think that will really help in solving their problem. I just take the attention away from them for a bit.






We carry on the trek and finally after 70mins, we reach the beach. It’s beautiful and secluded. Not many people. We pick our spot, the girls are up in the sun, Andrew and I shy away from the sun to prevent collateral damage on our skin. I listen to Sia and penetrate through the book I’m reading. As we swam, laze around and eating Tiger biscuits which contains 9 vitamins! It sure is a great day to unwind!
As our laziness evolves, we decided not to trek back but to get a boat instead and in between we make  a stop to see the famous seastacks which we heard that the size is disappointing  not the same as one imagine from the photo, so, who say size doesn’t matter!  

When we got back, we are dehydrated and dead tired but that doesn’t stop us to go ahead with another trail to search for Proboscis monkey. Andrew skip the trail for another Sardines buffet and four of us with Phil standing in for Andrew, which again seem uninvited and scary that he wanted to crave Beaker and his name on the pillar of the shelter to memorialize his existence. As luck is not our side, we didn’t see any monkey, most probably because we went to the wrong route. However, the view on top is relaxing and soothing.

With Phil not giving up in search of the Proboscis monkey, he took the direction given by a family whom saw it earlier from another trek, he decided to rush for it hoping he can make it by 4pm to catch the boat somehow we’re in. So we waited and realised he is late, we took the opportunity to flee, honestly, it’s more like we want to catch the last bus at 5pm to return the guesthouse.

It’s a tiring day so we took a boat across the river from our guesthouse for our dinner and laze back to lala land.

No comments:

Post a Comment