Friday, May 11, 2012

Kuching, 25th Apr – 5 lady boys, 1 drunkard & I’m no. 4


Within hours I’ve arrived in my guesthouse, Wo Jia , I got invited to the club from a bunch of English medical students doing an “elective” (placement) in Kuching. We hop into the car, drove by the guesthouse owner, Wi Ming to this club, The King’s Arm. That’s where I got to know more about Andrew, Camila and Imogen. Somehow the chemistry or my shamelessness of a lonely traveler got an invite to the Bako National park with 3 of them which make sense as the hostel they booked comes with 4 beds, besides saving cost, the alliance of the fantastic maybe not fantastic but Fabulous  four sure sounds like a blast!



When we step in, the music drums our ear which we can hardly hear each other, there is a DJ, most probably from Africa, judging from his accent, plays top 40 remix which is up to my alley. More diva please I hope. Thank goodness, after getting our drinks, they switch to live band performing top 20 hits, which make the room sound comprehendible.  Sheryl Crow, if it makes you happy was a stand out for me.

Since this night is where the medical students got their result, and perhaps they have been confined in Kuching for a while, they really let loose in the club! I seriously can’t believe for a moment, they are the doctors whom are going to save life in future. Well, I guess, doctors are still human with pleasure sensation.  We danced and harassed the DJ or at least Camila did, making sure the music is up for our enjoyment.

Half way through the night, one of the girl got really drunk and the lady boys which I fail to notice in the “straight” pub congregate on the dance floor dancing Let’s get loud by Jenifer Lopez. I think Andrew, Cam and Imogen are surprised to see the lady boys that they thought maybe they could get a picture with the lady boys like the orangutan in Kuching.


The girl which was flirting with an Italian Chinese guy becomes the scandal of the night. They even have to carry her back to the guesthouse.  I got back around 2am, not able to withstand sharing the dorm room with a doctor recovering from a bad leg injury applied with unbearable smelly traditional local herbs, odor that can be broken down into 43% sewage waste, 28% poo and lastly heavily decomposed body. I upgrade to a single room sleeping soundly, knowing my respiratory is not affected by pungent gas.

What a night to begin my Kuching trip!                       

No comments:

Post a Comment