Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Vagrant



While I was walking from Bts Eekamai to Bts Nana in Bangkok one day, I come across a cheerful old man, he is weaving something on his hand and he seems to be extremely gratified. Then I saw a newspaper article featuring him, Homeless Artist.

Now what are the chances of seeing him, with a sign saying that his birthday falls on 8th of November which is exactly the day I was born to the passersby? I can't help but to wonder, does everyone born on this same day have the same kind of attitude towards life?

Since young, I've no problems expressing my thoughts, some can be very intimidated by it because I've opinions on everything, I challenge everything by questioning, then I developed that curiosity into my lifestyle, travelling. I put myself in different shoes or countries to be precise. I lead my life at times, sleeping in different places every night, getting used to the unknown and not knowing what to anticipate. It's a life that most people find it without security. I guess that kind of security to some people comes within and not from an opulent and highly embellished house.

What kind of life is he having without a home to call his own? Does it matter where he shower and brush his teeth? It doesn't matter anymore as long as he is happy. It seems that the people whom have nothing to lose are the happiest people in this world...

No comments:

Post a Comment