Tuesday, November 9, 2010

India Pilgrimage 20.09.2010

If the Buddha’s Mahaparinibbana is not sad enough, then the surrounding and the people makes you gloomier. Maybe the fact that the surrounding in Kushinagar has turn into a lover’s park or picnic under the tree for the entire generation of families that it seem everyone forgotten that’s the place where a great man has passed away.

If you investigate this feeling of sadness, it’s impermanence. It arises and it gradually goes. It probably won’t last for the next few hours. That’s why Buddha asks us to be mindful and aware of this true nature, especially in every present. Nothing arises without a cause. All things depend on all other things to arise, develop and pass away. Discover the root of the cause and develop the true understanding of reality.

Kushinagar is more relaxed than other Buddhist sites. There are less traffic, hawkers to harass you for souvenir or rickshaws and beggars. I love the pace of life in this town. The local snacks along the road is tempting, I’m trying hard to control myself.

I met a kind soul, Ramesh, whom booked my train ticket. He is a very helpful and thoughtful fine man. Even though he has internet problem, he still managed to book my train ticket from another town, I doubt he earned any commission so I gave additional for transport to the next town and tips for all the efforts he made.

No comments:

Post a Comment