Tuesday, November 9, 2010

India Pilgrimage 19.09.2010

We reached Varanasi in the wee hours, around 2.30am. A Thai monk which Khun Toon has contacted has been waiting patiently for our arrival. We are supposed to come back to the train station again to pick up the 2 Japanese boys.

It turns out that the temple that we’re resting is in Sarnath and not in Varanasi, interestingly, that’s one of the temples I’ve visited few days ago when I was in Sarnath. I even ask myself why is there Thai monks staying in Chinese Mahayana temple. Come to think about it, I’ve briefly exchange eye contacts with the monk briefly when I was there. Coincidental is not coincident anymore.

After resting and taking my shower, we went back to Varanasi train station to pick up the boys. We rented a car big enough to do some sightseeing in Varanasi and Sarnath. The Dharamshamgjp ghat which I’ve seen the fire puja is a different atmosphere in the morning. Khun toon and the boys bought the flower with the candles lighted up in the middle and let it float on the river. The Thai monk explained to us in Thai along the way while Khun Toon did the translation.

We spent the early morning in the Dhamek stupa, while the Thai monk did a few Puja especially for us in the different spots.

I bought a train ticket around 12:30am, leaving to Grakraphur. There is a 2 hours delay, I suddenly think of what Khun Toon said: TII, This is India!

No comments:

Post a Comment