Tuesday, November 9, 2010

India Pilgrimage 16.09.2010

I left Varanasi to Gaya. The sleeper class is actually not that bad. The scenery along the way is mesmerizing. Along the journey, I met 2 Indian Muslim friends, Anis & Shouqeen. They are so much fun to talk with. They even taught me 1 – 10 in Hindi. In the middle of our conversations, there are always beggars interrupting us. So I said in Singapore, if you need to be a beggar, you’ve to apply certain kind of license or permit. We jokingly ask the beggars for license when they approach us. I know it’s bad but the beggar industry in India is very prosperous if you know what I mean. I gave a few rupees to a young boy whom swept the train as I thought he work hard for his money. When I left the train, it’s a little heartfelt. We exchanged emails and promise to visit their hometown in Maranbad if I’ve time. It’s my first genuine friendship made in India.

Initially, I hope to stay in the Bhutan temple in Gaya, however it’s closed for renovation so I try my luck in the Thai temple and it turn out as always my affinity is always with the Thai.

No comments:

Post a Comment